Preparing & Gathering Your Items
PREPARE & GATHER - making the consignment sale easy to participate becuase you are planning year
round or even a few weeks ahead of time.
1. Keep a bin or box at the bottom of closets, in spare room or a closet so you have handy to place items you no longer use or wear.
2. Sort bin and or box occassionaly to place like items together.
3. Be sure items are clean, check items for damage, excessive wear, stains or tears. All battery operated items must be working at sale.
4. Plan to spend some time brining all items in to one room and get your pad and pen out for this next step to prepare for batch priting tags.
5. Price your items - create piles of $2.00, $5.00. $10.00 etc., and count the number of items you have for each dollar amount. ( see pricing guide )
7. Log in to your account with Kids Exchange and enter the number of tags you need per dollar amount. ( see photos below of screen )
8. Once printed, cut tags , hole punch and place same denominations in zip locks.
9. Grab your pile of $2.00 items and this could be some books, shoes and or clothing in this pile and grab your zip locks of $2.00 tags and tag all of these items at one time.
10. Continue tagging each pile BUT... when you place each tagged item back in a pile, sort back to like items..... place all tagged books in a box, place all tagged clothing in a pile, place all tagged toys in a box... now all of your tagged items are placed in with like items.
11. Once you are done tagging and ready to drop off your consignor items at the sale all of your "like items" will be together. It does not matter that they are all different prices, what matters is that books are together, shoes are together and placed on marked tables through out sales area.
12. Once you have consigned you will find short cuts that work for your family, schedule and time.
We are always here to help you so feel free to email me anytime with questions you may have!
If you have a great suggestions please email me too so I can share with other families.